Thursday, February 3, 2011

Gong Hey Fat Choy

Being out here in Italy, Chinese New Year always creeps up on me and I'm never ready for it. (especially since, like easter, the day is never the same from year to year).  My idea was to make fortune cookies, lai see and  a nice chinese dinner. As they say in Italian, 'invece no'-it means 'instead no' or it didn't happen...





 Instead...a few minutes before I left for work, I printed out some envelopes for Sophia to color (I couldnt even find rabbit ones, so she just drew them). I know this picture is not nice, since Viv is crying, but it's the only one with the envelope visible.

Viv's first envelope made by her sister.
And Ding Dong making her silly faces. 

We also went to nickjr and did a cute dragon streamer and activity village  and colored some of their printables. I really wanted to do the paper cut outs, but I was pressed for time and didn't manage to do it.  Somehow I managed to make a quick chinese dinner (black bean chicken and the steam egg jung) and we ate that-because it seems weird to not each Chinese food on Chinese New Year, that's like Thanksgiving without turkey (or the day after thanksgiving without jook :o)



1 comment:

  1. Ti auguro una buona domenica..
    http://remenberphoto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete