Sunday, March 20, 2011

Play Date



Sophia had asked if her friends could come over on friday, but we sort of forgot to ask parents ahead of time and then just sort of prayed that she forgot. Of course she didn't.  This morning she asked if they could come over today.  It started off cloudy and looking dreary and I was thinking about how it would be trapped inside the house with 4 screaming kids. luckily by 10, the clouds gave way to sun and it was a beautiful and warm day.  I can't believe last night saw such crazy weather! So we opened up the awning to dry out, threw the cushions out into the sun and made a few phone calls. A few minutes before Valentina and Giorgia were to come over, Sara rang the bell. Ah well the more the merrier and at least i could open the windows to let some of the sound vibrations out!


We made helicopters. I love making paper helipcopters, b/c they are easy, fun and kids love to see them twirl. I think I've been watching too much of The Big Bang Theory (the sitcom) b/c I had this urge to experiment how I could make them slow down, but still twirl. I am sure it is some ratio of weight to wing span, but then I was like-eh, too much work.  Even I was smart, I could never be a genius, I'm just too darn lazy. Plus after about 10 seconds the kids would have lost interest and my purpose for distracting them from bickering with each other would have all been for nothing. 

The girls having snack.  They were all being gross and doing seefood surprise, but apparently Sara turned around and pretended to be sweet for the snapshot :o) don't let her fool you!

The girls came in to wash their hands, guess who wanted to be in on the fun too? The little stinker climbed up on the step stool and stood their and whined until someone finally helped her wash her hands. And don't think I didn't try doing something else and praying she'd get the hint and stop.  Apparently not.  And of course 5 seconds later she was touching something gross she found and trying to eat it.  Really? That just defeats the purpose of having cleaned you hands!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment