Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sushi and Wraps

 Last night I made dinner, called everyone to the table and once again Sophia went into tantrum mode...she decided that what she really wanted was sushi.  Aside from me not being a short order cook (just short), dinner was already on the table.  Requests must be made BEFORE the shopping and most of all BEFORE the cooking are done.  And even if they are made, that doesn't mean that they will be granted. But, Sophia ate all the barely beef soup we had for dinner (only because, she thought it was chicken soup with rice, stirring once stirring twice!) - and I am sort of at a loss of what to make for dinner, so as you can see, her sushi request was granted.
 Since I didn't want to be rolling sushi all night long, I had to add something else to the menu.  We have almost a whole head of iceberg lettuce (from monday night's burritos) and  I saw this copy cat recipe for P.F. Chang's lettuce wraps a while back and so I went with that.
I don't think they taste exactly the same, but they were good.  Max loved it and Sophia ate it without too much complaint (which in itself means a lot!). Too bad you can see the bars on our windows, it looks like Max is having a meal at the jail mess hall!

No comments:

Post a Comment